Metal Clay for the Metalsmith
The Best of Both Worlds
- 255 US dollars$255
- Charima Design Studios, 226 Cavalcade St., Houston 77009
In this 2-day workshop we will explore the vast opportunities for metalsmiths to use precious metal clay to enhance and enlighten our repertoire and hopefully dispel some of the myths. After all, traditional metalsmiths and metal clay artists begin on very different paths; but, once the clay has been fired, these artists merge onto the same road. My goal is to create and expand new highways of inspired ideas. Metal Clay comes in a variety of brands as well as types of metals. You will have the opportunity to learn the basics of each. You will be given hands-on experience in the handling, firing, and soldering onto fabricated sheet. The possibilities are truly endless. Join me in this fun, and very fast-paced class. You will walk away with a newfound knowledge that is sure to inspire you to create as you never have before. As a metalsmith and a metal clay artist, I get a kick out of listening to both parties compare and complain about the other. It fascinates me to think that each party feels as though they are a stand-alone art. My personality is such that I chose to challenge this! Above all, I’ve learned that EACH takes time, skill and persistence to learn to do it well. I am very excited to share all I have learned. All materials included in workshop fee. Please bring a bag lunch.
HMAG Workshop Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your registration more than 7 days prior to the start of the workshop: 75% of the registration fee will be refunded by check or PayPal. If HMAG is able to fill the class, you will receive the remaining 25% of the registration fee less a $10 transaction fee. If you cancel within 7 days of the start of a workshop: If HMAG is able to fill the workshop including your spot in the workshop, HMAG will refund your money minus a $10 transaction fee. If HMAG is unable to fill the class you will not receive a refund.
Houston, TX, USA